Saturday, March 16, 2013

More Winged Things

Its been another long winter up here in Vancouver and as Ive mentioned more than once, I get bored pretty easily, but I just refuse to spend my evenings watching TV... So, Ive been reading some trashy science-fiction books, but I cant do that all the time, so I decided to pursue some of my other childhood interests again too... or should that be childish interest??
... I guess you can decide... but actually, I dont really mind what others think of it; They are my interests and Im gonna persue them cos I feel like it :)

I got a couple more model aeroplanes... They are made of light weight expanded foam and are incredibly cheap for the amount of electronics and detail in them.. And the current technology of batteries and electric motors is, well, decades ahead of what was available when I was a kid... I would have "sold a kidney" in order to have one of these models when I was young :))

First one is a F4 Corsair



Second one is a P51 Mustang



I tend to fly one or other of them once or twice a week for 10 minutes (thats how long a battery lasts) down at a local school playing field, early in the morning before I head off to work... I quite enjoy it :))