Sunday, October 15, 2017

Bunch-o-Pics

Just some pictures of various projects and activities

My summer Frisbee (Ultimate) team

And I up-graded my old coffee table to be a bit wider... Well I had to refinish it, so I figured I may as well make it a bit wider while I was at it...I like the result.
Another Coffee table I made... I long ago ran out of space in my house for tables. But I like to make them so this one was a wedding gift for a friend... Its surf-board themed based on the upgrade I did to my old coffee table.:)



 And that Vespa project that I started a couple of years ago is making progress again... It was on hold for well over a year while I waited for a 12V CDI conversion kit for it to be available again... Its now running very nicely with a larger 177cc cylinder and piston (originally 150cc 2-stroke) and larger 10" wheels (much more stable than the original 8").
But there is still lots of work to do... I expect it to take all winter to get it road worthy.




And a work project (now that I'm a team manager again)... I have little competitions for the engineers... I challenge them to be creative and constructive. This is my test of what I can achieve for the next "Challenge". Its a "span" that can hold a 2 litre bottle of water off the ground and it must be constructed in 1 hour and be made from nothing but 25 sheets of ordinary office paper, and Scotch tape... and it can not be "attached" to anything (must just "rest" in place) In this case I achieved a span of 84" (over 220cm)... Now we will see what the engineers at work can do :)



Not much else going on. I spend my weekends tinkering on several motorbike and wood-work projects and a small marine aquarium.



And this is a thin slab of Maple burl that I will use for my next wood-work project... It wont be a table-top because its too thin (about 2.5cm... Itll probably be a jewellery box or the like :)

cheers

Grant