Saturday, October 20, 2007

A wash and then some more Action






I took the day off after all the running around I´d been doing. I found an RV park and got showered and shaved again and then I decided that I was getting bored, so I went out to have a look at Antelope Canyon. It cost $21 to see Lower Antelope, and $26 to see upper Antelope - They are run by different families in the Navajo nation and one is more commercial than the other. Anyway, the canyon is very different to Buckskin Gulch, although created in the same stone and the same way. Antelope is significantly shorter and shallower. The shallowness means that far more light gets in and it is much more photograph friendly. Antelope for some reason is also far more sculpted. One of the locals walks you through and points out a few of the famous photo spots and then you can walk yourself back and take as long as you want. I could have spent hours in there taking photos as the light changed, but you really need a tall tripod and long exposures. I only have a point and shoot and a short tripod, so I did what I could and then just enjoyed looking around in there. Again I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and would nt hesitate to recommend it to others.
Then I went and found a place to camp just out of Page in northern Arizona.