Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Contiki Touring







I seem to have briefly converted from adventure touring to Contiki touring.

Another rider friend (Teryk) who is a bit further down the track emailed a couple of days ago and advised me that he had located a good safe cheap way to get from Panama to Columbia. There just are no roads through that section of central America and it is known as the "Darrien Gap". After brief thought, I decided that I was very interested in this idea and said I would head South to catch up with him for the boat ride over to Columbia on the 10th of January. This meant I had about 18 days to get through Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. It felt like a bit of a rush but the distances are really quite small and I would be able to see what I wanted so it seemed OK.
Then, yesterday there was another email saying the date had changed and the boat now left on the 3rd of January! That means there are three countrys between me and the boat and only 10 days - Contiki Touring!
Its way too fast to see what there is in those countries but I think I am still into going to Columbia - good people to go with (Teryk and Marie) and exciting destination with safe and relatively cheap transport!
 I don't seem to be thinking about things too much at present and am just "going with the flow" so to speak, so hopefully the gods will be kind!