Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Doh! I Did it Again!



















I have just arrived in Honduras having spent all of about thirty hours in Nicaragua. All I got to see was the Pan-American Highway!

It seems that I am sprinting through Central America again, but this time heading North! I did this on the way South in order to catch a boat to Colombia (the date was fixed). This time I am doing it in order to catch a course in Guatemala (again, the date is fixed).

I don't really mind so much about Panama and Costa Rica but it just doesn't´t seem fair to miss Honduras and Nicaragua. They are tiny little countries and very poor, but the little I have seen of them suggests that the people are mostly very nice, and there are some great things to see in them too. It would only take me two or three weeks to do a good enough job of seeing some more of them but circumstance seems determined to intervene.

So, what kind of course could make me hurry like this? I´m sure my friends will be most amused to hear that I am going to take a month long meditation course!... In fact I am myself "most amused" to hear this too :)
I´m not usually one for that kind of stuff, but I have a very busy mind (bit of an understatement) and I feel a great need to find a way to quieten it down so I get more peace in my life. All I can say is that it seems like the right time and if I don´t like it I can leave and go back to check out Honduras and Nicaragua :)

We´ll see what comes of it...