Saturday, February 21, 2009

Furious!

This post is just to share my current "Financial Struggles" with my Bank!
I hope it will be amusing to you all, although I have to say its getting a bit tiresome for me :)




Ron:

You suggested you would have an update for me on Friday.
Friday came and went and again I heard nothing from you.
It is now Monday and again, I have no information from you or any other Bank representative.

My understanding of professional behavior is that when you say you will do something then you do it (or at the very least advise in a timely manner that you will not, why not, and when you will).
My recent experience with you and my Bank has been the exact opposite!!!

Whats going on here????


Mea:
This is a direct instruction for you:
Please either directly forward this email thread to the branch manager (and copy me) or provide me with their email so that I may do it personally. THIS IS URGENT!

To any involved Bank Representative:
I am about a hairs breadth from booking a return flight to come back to Canada to sort this out...which will be EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING for me!
If I have to do it, I will, and it will be with the express intent of canceling all my financial business with this Bank and moving to an alternate institution!!
I sincerely hope that I do not need to take this step. I have had years of excellent service from this Bank and am at a loss to understand what is happening at present.


History:
I initially contacted a Mortgage Manager in November 2008 to initiate the renewal of my Mortgage and to set up a secured LOC with my home equity. I was told at that time that this would be no problem - and I expected it to be so since I have had a positive client experience working with this Bank in the past.
I then met again in mid-December and all the papers were signed and I was told that all the details would trickle through and be done before New year.
In mid-January I was preparing to leave for Guatemala and I noticed that the LOC had not yet shown up on my electronic banking but had been advised of no problems by the Bank.
I have since then been trying to get the issue resolved (Though I have received absolutely no explanation of any sort as to what is happening!) - This email thread is a record of my interactions with Bank Representatives.
It is now mid-February and as far as I can tell, still nothing has happened with my LOC.
I am in Guatemalan (San Pedro La Laguna in the mountains to be exact) and am in SERIOUS need of funds from the LOC.
At no stage have I been advised volutarily by the Bank that there is a problem with my LOC application or that it would take longer than I had originally been advised.


My current situation is that Im rappidly running out of funds, time, patients, and the desire to continue to work with the Bank!


One last try to get a win/win resolution before we move to the lose/lose option :)

sadly and sincerely

Grant Else







I am back in Canada now and have a message into the branch already to get this solved. I should have an update tomorrow.


RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages
------------

From: Grant Else [mailto:grant_else@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:06 AM

Ron

Im sure you are busy so I´ll keep it short...

Its been a week again and Id like to know how things are progressing with my LOC.
I have heard absolutely nothing from Jaslyn whom you had indicated would be contacting me (or from any other Bank representative).
As indicated in earlier emails, my liquidity is really stretched right now, so Im really hoping to hear a definitive date as to when funds will be available.

Can you give me an update please.
I will be checking email twice daily for the next week.


Sincerely

Grant




From: ron
To: grant_else@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:49:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Financing updates - Else

Will advise Jaslyn at branch to expedite and process to your acctt

RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages
------------------------



From: Grant Else
Sent: Wed Feb 11 16:38:42 2009
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else

Ron

Thanks very much for the response.
I understand that you are on the road and comms are limited.

Im sorry to have felt the need to push hard for an immediate response but I really am running out of money here and I really do need to deal with it very quickly.
I certainly appreciate your efforts to secure me a good rate for the LOC, but I also need to hear about the progress so I know what options I have to deal with my own "liquidity"...

Question:
Will this be sorted out within two weeks (GUARANTEED) because I have no other options here?
I will want to transfer $10K to my chequing account immediately.
Please advise...

cheers

Grant



From: ron
To: grant_else@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:34:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Financing updates - Else

I am currently away from the country on a work event, but 0wasv advised yesterday that the branch had the documents and the manahger was aware iof the situation. Jaslyn was going to be in contact with you.

While our rates for HeLOC's are at prime plus 1.5%, we have been able to get an exceptio from head office to keep yours at prime.

I'll follow up with the brancj oiver the next day (once we stop going from plane to plane)


RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages
------------------------


From: Grant Else
Cc: Mea
Sent: Wed Feb 11 12:22:35 2009
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else

Ron

This is not an email I wanted to send!
I have coppied Mea at the Hastings branch (who manages some of my money), and I have copied my friend Christine Wong whom I have provided with a Power of Attorney in Vancouver.

It has been nearly two weeks since you last emailed me regarding the status of my line of credit.
You specifically said you would email me within a week but I have heard NOTHING from you!
I am here in Guatemala and I am VERY rapidly running out of available funds (since I am trying to start a small business at present).
I can no longer accept that I have been given no information and no apparent progress in over ten days since our last communication - which I also had to copy Mea on to get a response from you...I find this extremely disapointing.

Can you suggest a way that I can get the SERVICE THAT I NEED! and continue to work with you??

If I do not hear DEFINITIVE action on your part within 48 hours, I will ask Mea to talk to the branch manager at your office and request an alternate contact to work with.

I truely hope that this matter can be resolved rappidly and that I do not have to take further steps.

Sincerely

Grant Else



From: ron
To: grant_else@hotmail.com;
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:14:51 -0500
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else



Grant, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
I've had someone looking after some of my other work, and will follow up on the status.
I'll let you know early next week.
RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages
------------------------------

From: Grant Else [mailto:grant_else@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:39 AM
To: Mea
Cc: Ronald
Subject: FW: Financing updates - Else

Mea

Thanks for your response to my question about the line of credit.

I have sent two emails (20th and 27th Jan) to Ron requesting further information on this issue, but have received no response at all (not even an out of office reply). This seems irregular to me.
I have also copied Ron on this email.

Would it be possible for you to please try to contact him either directly or through the management structure there at the Bank since my options from here in Guatemala are limited.

Please advise me if you can help me with this.

cheers

Grant



From: grant_else@hotmail.com
To: ron.
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:18:40 -0800


Ron

Sorry to bug you again, but I need some feedback on this to know if I should be doing something.
I am expecting that I will want to draw $10K within a month to use in Guatemala ) it costs a bomb to keep drawing cash on a credit card...)

please advise.

cheers

Grant



From: grant_else@hotmail.com
To: ron.
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:18:39 -0800


Ron

I had assumed that we had completed everything that we needed to, but I was just going over my finance stuff yesterday before I start my foreign adventures, and I couldnt see where the "available credit" was in my mortgage/line of credit.
I have not yet seen any specific "line of credit" (for $xxxxxx) show up on my Bank online site, and I am leaving for Guatemala tonight.
I contacted Mea at the branch about this last night and she informs me that it appears that it is still pending...
Could you please advise me what is going on?
If there is more paperwork to sign then my friend Janine (who also has a power of attorney from me) will have to do it.

Hope things are simpler than that, but not much else I can do at this point.

cheers

Grant



From: ron.
To: grant_else@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:28:18 -0500
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else



The final approval of your mortgage will be happening later on today, and we have ordered the legal package to come to the branch for you to sign. Once it has been received, I will give you a call.
We were complicated on this because of the nature of the mortgage you had on the property, and some requirements from the insurers regarding dealing with your style of mortgage at the time of maturity....it's been straightened out now, and I look forward to finalizing everything with you shortly.
RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages

From: Ron
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:44 AM
To: 'Grant Else'
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else

I'm at a conference in Florida right now, but will follow up from here; I was told that the file would be ready, and will ensure that we make this work for you.
RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages

From: Grant Else [mailto:grant_else@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:15 PM
To: Ron
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else

Ron

How are we going on the Mortgage details?
I was hoping to get it all signed off this week.

Please let me know when that will be possible.

cheers

Grant



From: ron.
To: grant_else@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:26:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Financing updates - Else

Just waiting for the approval certificates now....hope to have them by tomorrow afternoon.

RON
Manager, Residential Mortgages



From: Grant Else
To: Ron
Sent: Thu Nov 13 18:25:13 2008
Subject: RE: Financing updates - Else

Ron

How are we going with those mortgage details?
Just thought Id check in.

cheers

Grant



From: ron.
To: grant_else@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:21:45 -0500
Subject: Financing updates - Else


It was a pleasure to discuss various mortgage options with you.
Based on our conversation, I am confident that we can assist you
with your financing requirements, and design a mortgage package that will
truly meet your individual needs, while still maximizing any benefits
available from government programs or incentives.

In order to proceed further with your financing request, I will need the
following information from you to get started:

1. A signed credit authorization form located in the attachments to this e-mail.
This document does NOT need to be witnessed. It is a generic
form, used for a variety of lending products. In this case, it
would pertain only to your mortgage application. By signing the
document, you allow me to start the qualification process for
you, and to obtain the various reports I need to obtain in order
to provide you with a written approval certificate.

2. some proofs of income --- current paystubs would be best, together
with at least 2 years' T4's and/or Notice of Assessments from your
Income Tax Returns.

Also enclosed is a document which does NOT have to be returned; it outlines
our Privacy Policy with respect to your application for financing. It is for
information purposes only at this point. You will receive a formal copy of
this document from the branch when you sign your committment letters later
on in the process.

With over 20 years of experience in arranging mortgages on all sorts of
properties throughout Canada, I am certain that I will be able to assist
you in whatever financing you require, and would appreciate the
opportunity to discuss these matters with each of you further.

Please take a moment to review the documentation, and fax the information
back to me at your earliest convenience.If there are any other questions,
please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. I look forward to
assisting you with the purchase of these properties.

Sincerely,


Ron

Manager, Residential Mortgages