Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More Tinkering

Update on the bike project...

Ive been searching the internet for parts for the project bike and over the last couple of months Ive acquired most of the bits that I want and have started to install them ... Now that I have some room to work down in my garage since Ive sold a couple of my othe bikes :)

First up, here is a picture of the old carby arangement:

... And here is the new arangement:
 I got rid of the old engine cover with built in air filter box and have replaced it with a new "lower profile" fibre-glass engine cover and external air filters that attach directly to the carbys. Ive also removed the cable assembly for the choke and built two individual choke knobs directly on the carbys... I think it looks much cleaner over all :)

 The "sleek" new engine cover.

And then I replaced the rusty old exhaust pipes and headers for some new and shorter ones (again I like the look of the new ones more than the old ones on the "cafe style" bike. Ive also added "rear-sets" which move the foot controls about 15-20cm back on the bike which helps with the riding position for this style of bike.

 Picture of the new exhaust, rear-sets, and engine cover all installed.

And finally Ive decided on the seat style that Im going to go with... Classic "cafe". Its a solo seat with a fibre-glass tail cone (The starter battery has been moved to hide in under the tail cone section). The seat is not uphoulstered yet but you get the idea of what it will look like all the same...



The rear light has been changed but the original indicators are still being used (for the moment at least)


So, here is a picure of the bike as it was when I got it, followed by one of the bike as it is now.

Still quite a bit of work to do... but getting there :)