Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Last Days of Chez Moi!

Well, I managed to finally sell my marine aquarium.
It was a big job to get it out of here and it took me three hours to shovel the snow off my front stairs and another two hours to break the system down and put all the fish and coral and rock into buckets etc.
But its done and gone now...

And with it has gone the last big obstacle keeping me here!
So, I have now officially booked a ticket to fly to Guatemala on 21st Jan!

That leaves me with just two weeks to get my stuff all packed up and out of my house. This should be plenty, but its a bit harder for me since I dont have a car to move stuff, and there is still so much snow on the streets that even if I did have a car it would be useless... Im going to have to trust the weather to bring more rain and less snow over the next week or so ... Then I can move the furniture items that I need to just before I leave.
I have found homes for my bed, couch, and lounge chair with friends, so there is now room in my storage container for the rest of the stuff that I still have...
Honestly, I just got tired of advertising and selling all my accumulated crap... but I find I cant just throw it out either - Its not junk, it just needs to find a home... oh well, Im done with that now :)))

The snow has also stopped me moving packed boxes into the storage container that I built in my back yard... So for the present, packed boxes are just piling up in my basement suite... waiting for that rain to clear the way - I'll shovel it if I have to, but hopefully the weather will do it for me.


But the clock is now ticking!
There is a definite "End date" to my time here in Vancouver before I "start anew" in Guatemala...


- Sunshine, mangoes and avocados.... Mmmmm