Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Customer Spike

On a brighter note...


Not sure why, but for the last two weeks, motorbike rentals have been booming!
This is very good, since for the two weeks before that, there was not a single rental. On average, I seem to be covering about half my living costs with the motorbike renting program which is about what was hoped for with the three bike fleet I have. Though that is the average, I am completely unable to predict what the next day will be like and I have no idea what causes these dramatic short term fluctuations in customers.
Im still sitting on the fence about getting a fourth bike since its just more stuff to have to get rid of if I decide to move on sometime soon. That said, over the past two weeks I could happily have used more bikes. Yesterday, I even managed to rent four bikes concurrently when I only had three :) I found a friend who was happy to rent their own bike out for a couple of hours. Yesterday was a bit unusual though... I swear, I could have rented a bicycle with a wind up rubber band instead of a motor! there were so many people interested :))

Its all good at the moment, but we are heading into the rainy season now, so we´ll just see what happens then...