Thursday, May 29, 2008

And the Biggest Trick

So those are my thoughts on the four important ideas behind what I think makes for happy, enlightened living.
None of them is easy to do and they all interact with each other in different ways - sometimes they help each other and sometimes they hinder each other.

There seems to be no doubt to me that putting the mental effort in to behaving in line with each of these ideas is worthwhile effort and makes me a better person along with making me feel better too, but it is a long slow road to improvement. It is particularly hard to try to balance these ideas in the "real time" world, and it seems to me that this is the real challenge.

But this challenge is also the solution. It seems that the biggest trick of all is to do all these things automatically without thinking, and this is happening more and more for me (although it is still a very long road with many ups and downs that I see ahead of me).
Rather than "thinking" about these ideas, they seem to all stem from the same place inside and its like a "life outlook" that drives these ideas. Its not driven by a "God" that I recognize (although I'm sure it would be easier if it was) but it is down inside in the same space somewhere.

I have no idea if that long series of posts means anything to anyone else, but it just seemed like I should write it down.... So there it is!