Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another Little Prayer

Well, there are so many little ceremonies to open and close meditation sessions that I wore out that first little prayer and I felt I needed a new one.

I also feel that while the studies on "the tree of life" are quite useful to me for insight, they are only part of the process. More and more, I feel that a very important aspect of life is to disengage from my over active mind. This mostly means not rethinking the same ideas over and over and over again. These ideas are basically related to only two things:
I'm either going over stuff from the past that troubles me (that I have not "accepted/resolved" in some way),
OR, I'm going over things that I want to do in the future but they really don't need to be dealt with now.
I'm sure it is usually better to just leave those things alone (along with all their associated stresses) and to try to focus on living in the present.

So, the prayer is:

May my concerns for future suns wait there quietly in the East.
And may my thoughts of past suns sleep peacefully in the West
And may I let today's sun guide me as I strive to do my best.

Corny I know, but that's the space I am in at present :)