Friday, May 23, 2008

Like a dose of Salts!

Well, while I,m here in the "big silence" I decided to use my time wisely and do a "Liver Cleanse"!
What exactly is that you ask?
Well apparently all the bile ducts in your liver get clogged up with assorted crap over time and this means things don't work so well. Clearing it all out can drastically improve your digestion as well as reduce your illnesses and can even completely free you of allergies - or so the propaganda goes.
Anyway a bunch of people here have done it and they seem to think its made improvements to their lives, so , what the heck :)

It takes only 24 hours of dietary abstinence and involves drinking a sequence of dissolved Epsom salts, followed by an Olive oil and lemon juice cocktail and then back to the salts.

So, I set about following the regimen - timing is important...
Well, I can now tell you from deep personal experience that the term "It´ll go through you like a dose of salts" really means what it says!
While sparing you the ghastly details, I can say that it is quite a gastro-intestinal adventure.
... And a vigorous one at that :)

Now that I'm all "squeaky clean" on the inside, its back to silence (in more ways than one!) and my regular diet of nothing but fruit and veggies - Oh well. Actually, I'm going to use my newly developed powers of divination and predict that there is a large juicy steak in my future....

No chances of me becoming a dietary Elitist any time soon :)