Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baking day?





Here in Vancouver, the snow continues to fall.
A white Christmas will certainly be had!

There were a couple of nice weather days since the last dump and I decided to brave the roads and see what it was like to ride my motorbike around....
Answer... Not Good!

The type of heavy wet snow we get down here on the coast rapidly turns into wet ice when compressed by car wheels and it is very treacherous.
It took me fifteen minutes to get my bike across the fifty metres to the road (driveway and slightly uphill back lane). The surface is not that bad to walk on but with the big heavy bike, it was VERY slippery. I made it out to the road and rode around as I needed for a day and a half, but I had to use EXTREME caution to avoid snow and ice.
I survived and didnt drop the bike but I really dont recommend it. It would be a different story with a smaller/lighter machine like a 250cc off-road bike, but its just a no go with the big bike.

Anyway, that experiment didnt last more than a couple of days because another snow storm has now arrived and the bike is back in the garage where it will stay till the roads are clear of snow and ice!

In the mean time however, my friend I-Fan came over for the day and we "ran amok" in the kitchen... It was "COOKIE fest"... Five different batches of cookies in large quantities were prepared and packaged and have since been dispatched in gift boxes to assorted friends.
The day was quite fun :)))



But now the snow is dumping down again, and Im hunkered down alone listening to music and watching candles :)



Christmas blessings to you all :)))