Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Handing it all Over

My friend Christine is one-up on all those people who got their wealth through divorce settlements. They only got half of the wealth of their Ex, and they had to marry them and presumably put up with years of unhappy relationship to get it.

I just signed over a “Power of Attorney” document for Christine and she now has unlimited power over all my possessions (not just half). She could sell my house and my motorbike and whatever else I have, and with the money she gets from that and any other money in my bank accounts, again, she can do whatever she wants!
She could go blow it all in Vegas on the Black-Jack tables and I couldnt do a thing about it!

And she didn’t even have to marry me to get it! I just gave it to her…

Admittedly though, she has had to put up with me as a friend for nearly fifteen years…
Even I have to admit that thats a rather demanding qualification. I guess that makes up for the “not having to marry” thing though :)
It’s a good thing that I trust her implicitly not to "screw me over" while Im out of the country :)