Monday, May 18, 2009

An Old Friend.

They have "Redback Spiders" here in Guate´!



There was a really nice big one sitting on my window frame here this morning.
They are all over the place in Australia. There are some similar spiders in North America but the only ones I have seen are the Black Widows in the desert country, and they only have the red "hourglass" marking on their underside.
But the one on my window this morning had a nice red stripe on its tail and it was big and shiny black, and it reminded me off Australia :)))

Yes they are potentially deadly.
No I didnt kill it, it wasnt looking for me and it wasnt doing anything wrong.
If the spider had been anywhere near where I sleep or sit then Id have tried to move her outside, but as it is, Im happy to live nearby and we can share the space... maybe she will help reduce the current fly problem we are having :))