Friday, May 21, 2010

Navigation Guidelines

There are of course many many little self made rules or guidelines that we all use to help ourselves navigate the mirriad complicated choices of our everyday lives.

I like you have my own set of them, and a lot of my blog posts address topics that are difficult for me and that I have thus spent time trying to build myself some sort of guidelines for.
And over the past few years, I have thought lots and I have either built myself completely new rules or made big changes to my old rules.

I couldnt possibly share all of them in a post because I simply couldnt remember them all without the "situational stimulus" to trigger my memory for each of them.
But, I can try to share some of the larger general guidelines that I find useful in a single post...

So, here in a nutshell is how I try to live:

Pay Attention
Question Everything
Choose Hope over Despair
Be Honest
Be Passionate
Be Courageous
Be Respectful
Be Generous
Be Gentle
Follow your Heart
and Lead by Example

... and that little list actually gets most of it :))
And whats more, I dont recall having found a situation where any of them conflict ... Though the "balance/priority" changes situation by situation of course.

Not sure if thats useful to anyone else but it sure is for me.
Good luck with your own set :)