Friday, April 30, 2010

Back to the Way of One

... and my friend I-Fan has now flown off back to the North somewhere...

And Im up here on the North coast of Colombia... but I left a pile of stuff back in Quito, so now Im riding back the way I just came for a few days...
Im really a bit of a bozzo when it comes to being efficient with the distance on this trip... But as Ive said before, Im not here to be efficient or fast or profitable or economic etc. "The journey is the destination" as they say, and the distance I travel or to where is really quite incidental...

Not the usually recommended riding attire... but its REALLY hot here!...So I figure its OK for a short ride in town :))









So, for the moment I am repeating some long highway miles through the mountains and valleys of Colombia, along the rivers and past all the highway road work... back through the dust and the rain...
With only one person and light luggage, the bike is much lighter. I dont really ride any faster like this, but the bike suspension is much happier and the brakes are far more effective... And the roads are all familiar too.


















It feels like easy riding :))