Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Barking Parot

I had a good nights sleep last night on the rarest of things... A really good mattress in a cheap hotel here in Peru.

And I awoke at about 7am this morning to the dogs barking away as is often the case...
But this was a bit different... The dog that woke me was the nearest one, with another one a bit further away (maybe the next house over?)
But the dog nearest was doing most of the barking and the one further away was doing less and was quieter... But the nearer dog sounded a bit funny.
It took me a few minutes in my sleep drowsy state to figure it out, but it wasnt a dog at all... It was a pet parrot that had learned (well sort of) to bark like a dog!

Im not sure if it is a sad and pathetic tale of two isolated, bored and neurotic pets in captivity... Or a tale of happiness and friendship in adversity between the two animals...

But of course, those tales are just in my head...
The reality is that it simply is what it is :)))