Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Flag Hunting

I have been adding stickers of national flags to my side cases as decoration as I have come back North from Ecuador. Ive got quite a collection now and when I came into the USA a couple of days ago I assumed it would be no problem to locate a little "National Pride" in one of the gas stations here. It was only a week after the fourth of July which is the national "birthday" so to speak so I figured there would be plenty of stickers and little wavy flags and other patriotic bits and pieces around.

Interestingly , It was very hard to find a flag sticker!
I had to try at least four or five stops in four states (California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona) before I managed to get one.
There were plenty of little wavy flags about , and unfortunately a few rather unpleasant "red white and blue" stickers with the slogan "Terrorist Hunting Permit" (sadly I was not surprised to see these), but; there were no stickers.

Just interesting!