Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ringing in the Ears

Another long day and another 600Km or so.
The highways are excellent and the bike is running well - Nothing has fallen off yet, though I must admit that Indy found a couple of loose bolts before I left Atitlan that I hadn't bothered to check. I guess that I was in a bit of denial about leaving and was pretty casual about pre-departure equipment check.

Day three had most of the normal riding experiences, from wonderful winding coastal roads with no traffic, to stinking hot, congested, chaotic city traffic through Acapulco for an hour.
I'm doing fine, but my body is quite tired :) Particularly my backside! - You really do develop "professional muscles" after a while, but right now I have a very sore "back end", and my hands are quite tired from hanging on a little too tight. The worst though is the constant ringing in my ears from the road noise. It makes the evening meditation a bit different but it has usually dissipated by morning so I get a good session in before I hop on the bike.

Fuel is cheaper here in Mexico but is still more expensive than when I rode South all those months ago. Its also quite expensive to get accommodation when traveling alone. When I rode South from Atitlan I was with Marie and we could share accommodation expense, but I'm solo again now so my hotel expenses are higher - oh well.

Keep on Rolling :)