Thursday, July 17, 2008

Library Hopping



















Ive now made it in to Fremont in the Bay area and seen my friend Mike.
We went out for a dinner (thanks Mike) and chatted about past present and future for the evening. This morning I headed South around the bay and am now on my way North again following the old number one highway up the coast.
Its a beautiful coast and a very nice and windy road with lots of motorbike riders. They all seem to be a bit smarter than me and are going South while I'm going North and fighting a very strong and gusty wind (yep those winds are back in my life again (they were a constant theme on my ride South through the USA about nine months ago!).

On a different note, I'm visiting many of the local town libraries on the way through the small towns of America. The Internet is free in the us public libraries and I seem to have quite a lot to say in my posts for the present so I stop at each little town till Ive done what I need to do. The rules at each library are different and I get anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Ive got email to check and respond to and blog entries to write and photos to post... I seem to stop at two or three libraries each day. And I'm actually enjoying it very much! I get to talk to some of the locals a bit and I get to see more than just the main street and the gas station.

Even very small towns often have a library and I must say that they have all been very nice facilities and very friendly staff :)