Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last Leg




























Last leg of the journey back to BC.
I rode on North along the Californian coast. Then it became Oregon, and then Washington.
Here I decided to deviate inland a bit to go see a couple of the local Volcanoes. I was getting a bit tired of freezing my butt off riding against the cold North wind and in constant light fog (seems that's what the coastal weather is like for the moment!).
So, I rode East along the Columbia river for a bit (its quite large) and then into the forests and North again past two of the big Volcanoes. Mt St Helen's and Mt Rainier. The forest slowly changed as I went North from the Californian Redwoods to a mix of Myrtle and Douglas Fir. And then to Hemlock and Douglas Fir which is the same as the forest around Vancouver - Getting very close now. One more camp in someones field and then back into Canada on a Sunday morning (before the rush of weekend traffic at the boarder on Sunday afternoon).
So, now I'm back in Vancouver and will be sleeping in a friends spare bed/couch for a few days till the tenants leave from my house (rented out for the duration of my trip).
Not sure how I feel about it all at the moment.
Need a day or two to settle in and decide whats happening next.
I'll do a couple more posts to wrap up this "phase" and then I'll probably start a different blog (or change this ones name... or something).
For the moment, its good to stop riding and let the sun warm me as I sit outside under blue skies with the beautiful light greens of the grass and trees here in Spring (Summer seems late here this year)  :))