Friday, July 31, 2009

Big Rigs







Like I said, there are plenty of Harleys on the roads up here.
And also some big touring bikes as well...
... And there are also a bunch of "Big Rig" riders.
The big-rigs are massive Japanese bikes with beautiful fairings and colour matched contoured carry cases.... And trailers!
There are a couple of pictures attached that show these bikes with camper trailers (yep, they pop up into camper vans!)

Now, I have to say that I really dont know what the attraction of this type of motor bike touring is (why not just get an open top jeep or the like?) But it matters not, they are out there enjoying them selves and they are not hurting any one...so, Go for it :)
Actually, the Harley riders and the big-rig riders seem to me to be more or less the same type of people... They are all retirees. The Harley riders are usualy just the men, while the big rig riders are usually a couple.

They all seem to fancy the same type of clothes though....
Yep, Lots a grey hair and black leather! (gotta get me some of those "Assles Chaps!")

I guess they all bought in on the same "American Dream" from television or somewhere.... I dont know where it comes from exactly, I dont have the same dream :))