Friday, July 31, 2009

Bugs!

Well, I guess there was always going to be a post on this subject :)
Ive gone a long way North. Im actually in the Yukon now. There is basically nothing but forests and wetlands up here. (More little lakes here than you can poke a stick at!)

The bugs have been increasing ever since I headed out of the city.

Long and the short of it is that there are about a million bugs all trying desperately to get into my little tent right now. I can actually here them banging into the tent as I type this on my new little computer. It sounds like gentle rain on the tent... Honestly! Its like this each night for about four hours before it gets cool and dark (10-11pm ish).

In the mornings, I get up and on my way before the bugs really wake up (by say 7am) and then Im on the road for the rest of the day so I only have to worry a bit about them when Im stopped and outside (gasing up the bike etc)
Its not too bad.... But it is quite impressive!

I wonder how bad they will get as I head even further North???