Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to School



I decided to take some Spanish lessons while I am waiting for replacement parts for my motorbike clutch to come in.

I have signed up for five days of lessons for four hours a day. It is one-on-one instruction with experienced teachers. The teachers know a decent amount of English but we almost always talk in Spanish. I´m hoping it will greatly expand my verb vocabulary and also help me to construct grammatically better sentences. The conjugation problem is far bigger than I could possibly tackle in a week but I can probably get better at regular verbs this week as well.
The classes are in the morning, so this leaves me with the afternoons to fill in with activities around the place. I´m on my own there and on foot since the riding friend that I met at the boarder departed on his way south this morning, and my bike is disassembled in the shop at present. I figure some walks and some kayaking and a couple of boat rides over to neighbouring villages will fill the time OK (not to mention a bit of homework).