Monday, November 26, 2007

A Minor Dental Dilema



A couple of weeks back, I was repairing my broken indicator and I needed some glue for the broken lens. I had a tube of suitable glue in my repair kit but it had been used before and the cap of the tube had glued its self closed rather firmly. I was unable to undo it with my hands so I used my teeth to get a better purchase...
This worked fine but in the process, I felt a slight "crack" while I bit down!
So I suspected I had loosened a filling there but figured it'd be OK for now.

That worked fine for a couple of weeks but yesterday while eating, a piece of that tooth decided to come off (to be expected sooner or later).
The piece was an outside edge of a molar and there were a couple of quite sharp edges that rubbed against my cheek. I tried putting up with it for a day but it was slashing up the inside of that cheek, so this morning I did something about it. I got the file on my Swiss army knife out and used it to file off the sharp edges of the tooth! This didn´t feel that comfortable and I´m sure a dentist would not be pleased with what I did either but it was a filling anyway and it means I wont have to find a "dodgy dentist" in central America to do nasty things in my mouth :)

Problem solved for the time being!