Saturday, August 15, 2009

Field Repairs

Made it about 450Km down the highway to Whitehorse without using the brakes...Just the bike gears instead :)
Found the Suzuki dealer...He has a set of pads for the rear brakes but not for the front.
Thats better than nothing I guess and itll get me back to Vancouver... But the cost is rediculous!
They are $100 which is at least three times the cost down south!

Not much choice I guess.

One hour later I have fitted the new pads and am good to go.
But, I have also discovered that my bike is now starting to leak oil...
Not quite sure from where but its dripping and that means its bad enough to have to fix...soon.
Its either the seal where the gear shift lever goes into the engine case or the seal where the drive shaft comes out of the engine case to the front sprocket (for the chain drive).

The cause is likely the same as for the brakes...That incredibly harsh grit mud I rode in for a couple of days!

Ive never fixed either but I guess Im gonna learn when I get back to Vancouver in about a week :))