Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pictures from the Road

Well, Ive been riding North for several days now, and Patagonia has got a LOT of open spaces. Its also got a lot of WIND still... from the North or the West... But thankfully, the winds are now getting weaker and the air is getting warmer and it will be back to pleasant riding :))

I spent a day or so on bike stuff... I had to re-weld another joint on my pannier racks (thats the fourth time) and I had to get oil, and then it took me half a day to locate new tires (the front was completely bald) but I eventually got hold of some second hand ones in good condition for a really good price :)))

I rode North on the East coast to the Valdez peninsula and went to have a look at Elephant seals and orcas and penguins etc... But it was the wrong time of year so there was very little in the way of wildlife and I ended up being rather "under-whelmed"... Thats the risk you take when you dont bother with much in the way of planning :)))
Tomorrow I will head back South and drop in on a large penguin colony ... Hopefully better than todays excursion.

Then its a day or so of riding to get back to the West side and the Caraterra Austral in Chile.
Hopefully the winds wont be to hard on me for the last couple of days in the "deep South" :))