Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stockholm Syndrome

Its where the captives in a hostage situation end up emotionally aligned with their captors and are working to help the captors rather than the people outside who are trying to free them.

Anyway, I think I have a kind of self inflicted, anthropomorphised version of it....
... And Im the hostage of ?...
... My motorbike! :)))

Ive done a huge amount of riding over the past three years, and Ive spent a great deal of time alone with only my bike for company.
Its not that Ive started talking to my bike,... or that it has started talking to me for that matter :)

Its more along the lines that Ive become rather over focussed on motorbike ideas...
I seem to have literally dozens of building and painting and modifying ideas associated with motorbikes that I REALLY want to get into when I get back to a place where I can do them.
I have lots and lots of ideas on all sorts of topics like this, but it seems that about two out of three of them are motorbike related at present.

Not that its a bad thing at all. I just wonder how many of them I will pursue, and how many will be left as just ideas...

But it`ll be a while before I get to any of them because Im months away from home, and even then, they all take money to pursue and Ive gotta get a job and pay of some quite large debts before I can start on these sorts of projects!

... Will I escape my captor?
... or will it develop into a long term co-dependent relationship?

Stay tuned and we will find out together! :)))