Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Ground

I have now left Quito and headed down toward the Amazon.

As of now, Im on "new ground". The trip two years ago got to Quito and then I went back North.
This time though, Im planning to go all the way South... Well, as far as you can go without having to swim with the penguins!

I admit that Ive been feeling a bit tired of the journey of late... To be expected I guess since I have not "travelled" with anyone at all since leaving Vancouver (just about four months).
But, thankfully, the "newness" of the current riding is counteracting the tiredness quite nicely.

Ive also been riding in tropical and temperate "greeness" for the last few months and Im definitely taking it for granted. But that is all about to change when I hit Peru and the arid country. So I should focus on enjoying the green that I have now while it lasts... Hence the current trip direction down toward the Amazon for a day or two :))