Thursday, March 20, 2008

Last Day of Silence

I can see you trembling in anticip...


















ation!

- I just love that line from the rocky horror picture show :)

Well, The last day of silence started out with watching the sunrise over the lake from the dock - very nice.
After that we had the usual yoga, and I must admit that it was a bit tougher on a completely empty stomach. I felt very empty and even a bit nauseous after we were done. This was however the exact same feeling I had fer every day of the last three years working for that HighTech company - So it turns out that I am well able to deal with the sensation.

After that I went to my room to see what meditation would bring today....
No luck on the lights today though. I did manage to get to a very peaceful and "remote from the physical" place though. This may be the realm of "quiet mind" since I got absolutely no interruptions from my usual extraneous thoughts. My mind was however far from quiet as I was totally engrossed exploring the sensations I was getting - not sure if this experience will likewise prove unrepeatable for a while.
After that, I had a sauna and then went for the usual swim in the lake. Then one more meditation in the sun (nothing special this time) and then I had a bit of a snooze before working on my reflecting that we are all doing over these five days.

Sidebar:
I was still really enjoying the silence and I think I may start wearing ear plugs as a standard procedure when I'm not in traffic or the like. I seem to be a "sensitive little flower" and in particular to light, sound and touch (not so much taste and smell though). Even with dark sunglasses I´m always squinting, and I spend lots of time wincing at loud noises (although most other people don't seem to find the same sounds to be a problem). I end up getting very stressed out by the overload on my senses and that makes me not much fun sometimes.

Then in the evening we had the closing meditation session for the five day silence. It was quite the ceremony with much incense and many candles and chanting and invoking of the powers of the four elements and the universe etc. All quite fun and very moving for many of the people involved (may have been contributed to by five days of near starvation and silence?) .

Then everyone started talking like there was no tomorrow...this was a very new experience for most people but less so for me - I spend lots of time in my own company :)
I did talk to a couple of people about the Light, and the general opinion was "sounds like the light" but they were not very experienced people. I have not spoken to the senior instructor at the centre yet and her opinion would hold more weight. I also have a couple of other contacts that I need to talk to about it.

Anyway, after that I went out and stuffed my face with food and beer at a local restaurant with the other students - yeah, sounds like he´s really enlightened doesn't it! - then again, maybe it does ;)
And then finally I dragged myself off to bed.

So I'm back in the world of communication again now :)