Saturday, March 8, 2008

Om

I´m over half way through the meditation course now and I have the following results.

1) Babbu is taking a real beating!
The regular morning Yoga is of a very slow and mild kind (Hatha) where poses are very often sitting or laying down and are usually held for about 45 seconds each. There is no rush and no sweating, but there is definite toning work going on. Added to this is the diet of mostly fresh tropical fruit that is actually just a result of my laziness- We can eat what ever we want but the fruit is easier than me cooking so that's what I do. Poor Babbu has virtually receded to a minor perturbation in my rapidly toning midsection :))

2) Meditation is a mixed bag.
I was initially making great progress and able to minimize thoughts and saw some very nice colours moving around in my inner vision when I started. I was also getting really good sleep. That however deteriorated slowly, and now after two weeks I am more or less back where I started with very interrupted sleep and my thoughts seem to be able to push straight through into my mind again while meditating. I'm guessing that this is more or less the way it goes as one develops better skills and the brain "fights back", so I'm just going to persist with it and see if I can build some better skills - The conflict escalates!

3) ´I'm getting some interesting experiences.
Much of the initial course material was focused on the ideas of non-visible planes of existence that we occupy as well as the regular physical world. The theory goes that we occupy the other planes independently of the physical when we are unconscious or sleeping and even before we are born and after we die. So then we are taught that we can remember these experiences from dreams etc if we practice and that we can also take direct control of these experiences and direct our actions and therefore explore and learn about these other planes... So the story goes...
Now, normally I get such poor sleep that I don't manage to remember anything about my dreams, and in fact, this still remains true. However, as a result of the course (meditation and practice techniques) I have had some short experiences that fit the Lucid dreaming and Astral traveling descriptions. These were very interesting to say the least. I have not had time to explore much yet (15 seconds or so of full awareness and control before I wake my self up) so I will have to get better at it before I have a strong opinion about it all. For the present it could be real or could be the result of suggestion (auto or otherwise). I´m sure the rest of the world can look it all up on the web and see if they think its real or not but I prefer to avoid the external speculation and figure it out for my self from personal experience.

Guess I´ll have to stay and meditate a while longer so I get better at it :)