Friday, March 28, 2008

The Plan






































Those are some images of the Las Pyramides "compound" and the lake etc.
So, I mentioned that I'm planning to stay here a bit longer to get some more work done on the "inside".
The follow on course here takes three months and everyone Ive spoken to says its well worth it. Traditionally, I'm not an "everyone" and I have to think carefully before deciding to do what others do. In this case, I think it is a good choice. It is however far from an easy choice!

To do this will mean that I get back to Vancouver in early August rather than May.
To do that means that I will have consumed absolutely all of my financial reserves. I will have absolutely no more "liquidity" and will still likely have to face several months of living in a very expensive city and paying an expensive mortgage before I manage to get a paying job.
This means significant debt! - bummer!

Its also coming into rainy season down here and that is going to be less pleasant as well as meaning that when I do ride North it will likely be uncomfortable too.
It seems also that my writing is not going to win me any income as this Blog has not been picked up and syndicated by any major literary agencies - a fact that simply baffles me :))
And it seems that I am likely to be more choosy about jobs this time since the last one did me so much damage that I feel strongly disinclined to hop back into the same pot of boiling water. I have no idea how I am going to deal with those problems, but they are problems for the future, not now.
Right now, I feel a very strong desire to get to the bottom of things on the inside and do what I can to make changes.

So, I'm here for three more months. And it is going to be quite intense in some ways but quite boring in others. I hope that I get fully absorbed in what I'm doing or I'm going to go crazy - Well, more crazy than I already am.

On the blog front, things are likely to be very personal and probably boring for others for a while, but don't worry, It wont last since there is a far larger silence period in the next course (40 days) and even then, I am expecting all of us students to start the silence early - since this is where the inner work of the course gets done.
So, I expect there will be about a month of blogging and then I'm gonna go quiet. Probably for 50 -60 days.
That's a long time of no talking but that's how it goes.

It ll be interesting to see what I come out of it like.