Monday, October 12, 2009

Rain Delays Play









I rode down to Batopilas in the bottom of Copper Canyon yesterday. Andrea was not able to come along since he was going to have to figure out a solution for his tyre tube today. So I set off alone again, but I met three other tourers on the way (lots of motorbike people come through here). I was moving faster than these guys though and it was not till late afternoon that they rolled into town a couple of hours after I got there.
We had dinner and chatted for a few hours over several beers. Then I went off to bed.

The sky had been grey all day, but over night, it started raining.... and in the morning it was raining... and all day it has been raining.

Not much to do down here on a sunny day, and even less when it rains. The river that was only of a moderate size yesterday and with clear waters is today a raging torrent of muddy brown water.
I have no intent of riding back up to Creel in the rain if I can help it, so I just sat around and read a book.
Tomorrow we will just have to wait and see whet the weather has in store. If its raining again, I may decide to ride anyway since Ill be pretty bored here and I know there is a hot shower and a change of clothes at the other end.
For the mean time though, Ill just sit tight and watch the sleepy little town while away the hours.