Monday, October 19, 2009

Swimming Up-Stream

Today was a tough day with the traffic...
There are so many highways and towns around Mexico DF (the capital) that neither my GPS map nor my paper map is anything like upto date!
It seems that they are upgrading, rerouting, and just plain building new highways that nobody can keep up! Actually, I dont think the Mexicans can keep up :)

I spent at least a couple of hours thrashing around with trying to figure out where I actually was and how to avoid going through the capital. Its one of the largest cities on earth and I have seen it before so I have no real need to do it again...

But life seems to have other plans, and after resisting for a while, and having found myself in the semi-urban outer limits of the city with an empty fuel tank, a setting sun, and nowhere to sleep, I have decided to just "go with the flow" and Ill just head on through the city where the roads want to take me tomorrow,
But for now I have found a hotel (much more expensive than I want but thats the way it goes sometimes) and Ill enjoy some piece and quiet for a change in my own private room :)

Ive sent and email to someone I met along the way who is in the capital and I may meet up with them tomorrow evening. But that depends on me both getting into the centre and on finding a hotel that is not too pricey and that has secure parking for my bike...

We shall wait and see what eventuates :))