Sunday, May 11, 2014

Cape Cross Fur Seals


Ive headed further North in Namibia and also West to the coast... It was amazing to note the sudden cooling of the air temperature as I got within 40Km of the coast, and just as I reached the shore line I was enveloped in the coastal fog. I had been somewhat overheated in 35degC ultra dry air inland but it was cool clammy in the sub 15degC air of the coast. I stayed a day in a town there to rest up and doo some clothes washing etc.

Then I headed up the coast and stopped off at a Cape Fur Seal colony... They were very accessible and there are a great many of them at this site (Cape Cross). It reminded me of a Penguin colony... very smelly, but you get used to it after a while and it becomes less offensive with time...
Anyway, here are some pictures:












 










 
And on to the next attraction...